The 2018 ASM Materials Experience New England Events were held:
- May 7, 2018 at Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- May 21, 2018 at Boston University
We look forward to offering these events in 2019.
Details regarding our 2018 events are below.
Important Links & Information
2018 Event Flyer: 2018_asm-ne_materials_experience_flyer.pdf
2018 Application (click to visit the application page)
***Please note: Students may apply for one program, but not for both.
1. The program is a one day event with modules covering many different aspects of materials engineering. It is a lot of fun!
2. It is completely free of charge but the students must provide their own transportation.
3. Spaces are very limited so it is best to apply early.
4. We will contact students by e-mail to let them know their application is received and, later, to send them the waiver and information packet.
5. The students who are accepted must complete and submit a signed waiver form. A student will not be considered “registered” until the signed waiver is received.
The programs are limited to 64 students: 8 modules with 8 students per module. We regret that we can’t accept more students because the hands-on nature of the modules requires us to keep the maximum students to these numbers.
If you, as an educator, would like to bring a large group of students, please contact us directly (see e-mail address in side-bar).
In Partnership with the ASM Education Foundation and the Rhode Island, Central Massachusetts and Northern New England Chapters of ASM International, ASM Boston has held the ASM Materials Day New England at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, MA since 2006.
In 2012, a second event, focusing on Boston Public Schools, was held at Boston University.
The events are hosted by a team of volunteers from local companies and universities and funded through ASM and generous donations from companies and individuals.
We seek to expose High School students to careers related to STEM, particularly Materials Science & Engineering by:
The event revolves around 8 Learning Modules: 25-minute capsules of exciting hands-on activities accompanied by fundamental explanations of the demonstration.
Past modules have included:
May 7, 2018 Materials Experience at WPI
May 21, 2018 Event Materials Experience at Boston University
Previous years Materials Experience
Video of 2008 ASM Materials Camp
We are always looking for volunteers to help us plan and carry out the events.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions about volunteering, how to attend, or anything else.